A proclamation is a public or official announcement.  All requests for proclamations are processed by the City Clerk on behalf of the Mayor.  A request for proclamation should meet at least one of the following criteria:

  • The requesting agency is a charitable or not-for-profit organization;
  • The cause is of provincial or national significance;
  • The cause is for the benefit of the majority of Humboldt residents; or
  • The cause is an initiative within the City of Humboldt.

Requests to support a cause that may be contentious or divisive within the community or those with commercial or political overtones will not be considered.

Please note requests for proclamations need to be submitted in writing to the City Clerk by mail to City of Humboldt, P.O. Box 640, Humboldt, SK, S0K 2A0; by fax to (306) 682-3144; or by email to  Supporting information is welcome.

Please submit request two weeks prior to the proposed date of the proclamation.



Would you like to address Humboldt City Council on an issue?  If so, you may wish to appear as a delegation before Council.  A delegation is an individual or group representing an issue, cause or activity.  Each delegation is given about 10 minutes during a Council meeting to make a presentation, after which Council members may ask questions or comment on the information presented.

In order to appear as a delegation, requests need to be submitted in writing to the City Clerk, as per the procedure outlined for proclamations.

A delegation request needs to include the following information:

  • The subject you wish to present;
  • The name and address of the designated speaker(s); and
  • A telephone number and/or email address of the designated speaker(s).

Requests to appear as a delegation must be received by noon the Thursday prior to the Council meeting.

Please note information provided during a delegation's presentation will be considered to form part of the public record.


Questions?  Contact the City Clerk at (306) 682-2525 for more information.