Bylaws are created to help keep Humboldt clean, safe and enjoyable for everyone. City Council regularly passes bylaws to confirm decisions and authorize actions.
The City's Bylaw Officer promotes, facilitates and enforces general compliance with Humboldt's municipal bylaws by:
- Providing information;
- Conducting inspections;
- Responding to complaints in a timely manner;
- Issuing warnings; and
- Applying penalties, when necessary.
The City's bylaw service is also meant to be a resource; contact the Bylaw Officer at (306) 682-2525 ext. 308 or at email@example.com if you have questions or concerns related to bylaws or bylaw enforcement matters.
Frequently Requested Bylaws
The following bylaws are provided for reference only and are grouped according to focus area. Please note not all bylaws are available online but are available by request.
Please forward any questions or comments regarding City bylaws to the City Clerk's Office.
- Business License Bylaw (Business License Guide)
- Amendment to the Business License Bylaw (Mobile Food Vending)
Community Interest & Safety
- Cemetery Bylaw
- False Alarm Bylaw
- Fire Prevention Bylaw
- Noise Bylaw
- Nuisance Bylaw
- Traffic Bylaw
- I. Traffic Bylaw Amendment - Storage of Trailers, Motor Homes, RV's
- Waste and Recycling Collection Bylaw
Planning & Building / Property Standards
- Official Community Plan
- Zoning Bylaw (Zoning Amendment Guide)
- Building Bylaw (Development & Building Permits Guide)
- Off-site Charges & Development Fees Bylaw
- Sign Bylaw (Permanent Sign Guide, Portable Sign Guide, Temporary Sign Guide & Sign Permit Application Form, Portable Sign Registration Form)
Didn't find what you were looking for? Related information may also be found on the Civic Policies page.
I Want To...
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
By providing your email address, you are expressing consent to receive electronic messages from the City of Humboldt. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time.